Residential Permits

Permit displayed in a car window

Wakefield’s Household Waste Recycling Centres are for residents to recycle and dispose of their household waste only. There is no provision for commercial or trade waste disposal at these sites.

Residents must show their permit when visiting any of the Household Waste Recycling Centres. 

If you don’t have a permit, you will need to provide proof of residency of the district (e.g. recent utility or Council tax bill) before being allowed to use the site, you will then need to make arrangements to obtain a residential permit.

Please note only two permits are allowed per household.

How to obtain a residential permit or replacement residential permit

You can now apply for your permit on line at 

Tel: Contact Centre on 0345 8 506 506 (24 hours 7 days a week)


If you do not have on line access, residential permits can be issued at all Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs) by taking along your Council Tax bill or recent utility bill as proof of Wakefield residency.

Please note that the brick and rubble disposal level is restricted to 6 x 25kg per month at HWRC sites

If you have large quantities of DIY waste to dipose of you may want to hire a skip

Click here for more information about Commercial Vehicle Permits 



Useful information

Household waste and recycling collections

Renewi may place cookies on your computer to help us make your use of this website better for you. To find out more about our use of cookies, see our privacy policy 

By continuing to use this website you accept that cookies may be placed on your computer.

Call us on 0345 8 506 506 or

Click on this form 

Page last updated: 16/07/2019 12:34:58